What Makes a Christian?
The First Step
Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ, son of the Living God and have you claimed Jesus as your Lord and Savior? At First Christian, we believe this is the most important question you will answer in your lifetime. Our relationship with Jesus is far more important than any relationship here on earth. If you have a desire to understand this relationship, we would love to talk with you about that decision and you may call or email us. If you are ready to make that decision and wander what the next step is, the list below will help you understand. When you are ready to confess your faith and be baptized this can be done at anytime and does not have to be done only at church after a morning service.
- Believe in Christ as your Lord and Savior - Ephesians 2:8-9.
- Confess your faith - Romans 10:9.
- Repent of your sins - Acts 3:19.
- Be baptized by immersion - Acts 2:38.
How do I join if I am already a follower of Christ?
Maybe you have a relationship with Jesus and are considering becoming a member at First Christian. We would love to help you along with this decision. If you have received your relationship with Christ as listed above in "The First Step", then your next step would be to come forward at the end of a service and place your membership. You may also talk to an Elder or Staff member. We can recognize your decision at the next service time.
Why Should I join First Christian?
- Membership is a demonstration of your commitment to the ministries and body here First Christian.
- Becoming a member empowers and allows you to serve in more ways at First Christian.
- Membership is an important first step to greater involvement in the powerful work God is doing here.
Your relationship with Christ is of utmost importance to us. We want to assist your family in developing that relationship in any way we can. Please call the church office at 336-983-2206.